Has the US Dollar Lost its Dominant Reserve Currency Status?
Is US dollar dominance poised to end, and what might it mean for your finances? Uncertainties surrounding US dollar strength have been top-of-mind for some individuals for many years and for a good reason. A significant decline in our nation’s currency could lead to higher…
When will they shut the markets?
Global risk assets continued to move lower on Monday, pushing the current selloff well into bear market territory and on pace with a level of volatility not seen since the market crash of 1987. To be sure, the S&P 500 index shed over 12% in…
Economic update: Downside risks still increasing
The outlook for the U.S. and global economy has deteriorated yet again. Unsurprisingly, the culprit behind the outlook downgrade has been news of the coronavirus’ continued spread. To be sure, risk assets sold off this week and financial market volatility increased as concerns about the…
Economic update: Recession risks on the rise
U.S. Growth Our latest estimates continue to suggest that economic growth in the U.S. will weaken in the coming year while the risk of a recession remains elevated. We expect growth to come in around 2.1% YoY in 2020, slightly weaker than our expectation of…
Brace for more uncertainties in 2020
An undercurrent of seemingly benign financial market and political developments are poised to move both prepared and unprepared households further away from their financial goals in the coming years. These issues include monetary policy-related financial market distortions, a drag from excessive global debt and the…
Read More Recent Posts
- Early Retirement: Don’t Make these Five Mistakes
- Four Ways to Set Your Retirement on FIRE
- The Executive Way: Treat Your Career Like a Sport
- Mid-Year Outlook: Not Out of the Woods Yet
- Inflation: An Insidious Threat Your Financial Independence Journey
- Does Crypto Belong in Your Retirement Portfolio?
- Biden’s Infrastructure Plan: Will a Deal Get Done?
- From Six Figures and Broke to Financial Independence Master
- Should You Invest When the Market is High?
- How to Stay Sane when the Markets are Going Crazy