What Are the Chances of a V-Shaped Recovery?
So why should you care whether the US economy is in a recession? By many estimates, growth in the second quarter is likely to come in at an even more disappointing rate. With unemployment spiking and various leading indicators still in decline, there’s little doubt…
The CARES Act and Thriving During a Downturn
By the time the U.S. economy reopens weeks from now, tens of millions of people will have lost their jobs and thousands of small businesses will remain shuttered on account of the COVID-19 outbreak. Estimates of the economic impact differ widely and it’s very likely…
Is now the right time to get into the markets?
It would be an understatement to say that financial markets have experienced a bit of volatility this week. In fact, the VIX surged to its highest level since the height of the Global Financial Crisis more than a decade ago. To be sure, we believe…
Three quick steps to help manage financial anxieties during uncertain times
If the coronavirus, recession angst or elections are keeping you up at night or have generally increased your level of anxiety, you can take comfort in knowing that what you’re feeling is natural. In fact, our brains are primed for an anxiety response during times…
Why the coronavirus is relevant to your finances
It’s getting harder and harder to ignore the potential financial fallout from the novel coronavirus (nCoV-2019) outbreak underway. Some of this fallout was evidenced in the global stock selloff on Friday and futures (as of this writing) point to a weaker start at Monday’s open. …
Let the good times roll: the beginning of the end?
Stock market prices continued to grind higher as economic data releases surprised to the upside this week. Indeed, a host of indicators suggest to some that growth in the U.S. may in fact be improving after a softer showing in 2019 which has supported a…
Acute threat: a looming U.S. recession
The threat of a U.S. recession will add to a number of looming issues contributing to heightened financial market and economic complexities and uncertainties in 2020. While some of the latest economic data suggest that growth in the U.S. economy remains steady, some key market…
Read More Recent Posts
- Biden’s Infrastructure Plan: Will a Deal Get Done?
- From Six Figures and Broke to Financial Independence Master
- Should You Invest When the Market is High?
- How to Stay Sane when the Markets are Going Crazy
- Why Your Investments Might Thrive in 2021
- Are Vaccine Hopes a Shot in the Arm for the Markets?
- Look for Investment Opportunities in a Biden Win
- Why is Tax Efficiency Crucial to Retirement Savings and Income?
- Take these 5 Back-to-the-Basics Steps when Markets Move Against You
- These Two Techniques May Help You Avoid Gambling with Your Financial Future